The Familiar, Sweet and Quality Journey with Dudh, Dahi, Barfi and Rabri was start...
The Familiar, Sweet and Quality Journey with Dudh, Dahi, Barfi and Rabri was started with its foundation in the year 1934 by Nanto Shah (popular name of our founder Sh. Anant Ram Abrol). It has seen many changes and upward trends of improvements in Quality and Variety over the past more than seven decades (74 years) now. In 1988 the media had reported that when Malika Pukhraj visited Jammu after over four decades, she noticed the changes in Pahalwan's from a traditional milk shop to a modern style sweet shop at Pir Mitha, one of their three prestigious Retail outlets as on today. The second one being at Gandhi Nagar which came up in 1991 and third one at Bari Brahmana which became operational in 2006. The basic fundas of Quality and Reasonable price were started and introduced by the founder himself who was trained for over 14 years by his mentor and Guru Sh.Mani Ram Pahalwan in Machhi Hatta, Lahore before starting this venture in 1934. The consistency in Quality was appreciated and awarded in 1952 by the then Prime Minister of J&K Jenab Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah.